Islington is a fabulous part of London and I’m lucky that I get to visit every day (having worked in Angel since May). Exmouth Market is just down the road and it’s bloomin’ great so I thought you might like a mini guide—here are my favourite places to shop and eat on this lovely little street!
Places to eat & drink
- Exmouth Market food market | A range of delicious street food, on weekday lunchtimes only (I personally love Meat Box—exactly what it sounds like, with delicious salad, sourdough and mac and cheese on the side)
- Exmouth Market Grind, no.8-10 | New addition serving a fantastic brunch and the Grind chain’s famous coffee
- Pizza Pilgrims, no.15 | Reasonably-priced real Italian-style pizza
- Dirty Burger, no.17 | Burgers and all the usual trimmings
- Hummus Bros., no.62 | Healthy, budget Mediterranean dishes
- Borough Wines, no.63 | Hand-picked, lesser-known wines and ales
Places to shop
- Space, no.25 | Gift shop that’s impossible to leave empty-handed
- In With The Old, no.31 | Another gorgeous gift shop with a resident Border Terrier, Goose
- Root, no.48 | Hair and beauty salon with an Instagram account that’ll make you want the chop
- Luxury Wax Bar, behind no.68 | Beauty salon that shows Sex And The City while you’re waxed!