Needless to say, 2016 has been a shitstorm. But 2017 is around the corner and with it that new-year-fresh-start feeling. Thank GOD.
Before we think about resolutions and all that jazz, let’s get reflective and show some gratitude for 2016’s better moments. (There have been some.)
- First trip of the year was to a UNESCO world heritage site: Saltaire, in Yorkshire.
- Next we went to Paris and Provins (a medieval city and another UNESCO site) in France.
- We then ticked a new country off our lists, visiting Lisbon, and while we were in Portugal we went on a day trip to Sintra too.
- It was time to visit France again! We spent a few days in Carcassonne, in Languedoc-Rousillon, and day-tripped to Narbonne and Bram while we were in the area.
- The sun came out, so we visited Rye in East Sussex for the day.
- For my 31st birthday, Cornwall called—then we hopped over to the incredible Isles of Scilly.
- Got a travel souvenir collection? Try this quick and easy DIY idea.
- My solution for organising photos helps you find embarrassing snaps more speedily 😜
- This year-round-appropriate fairy light lamp is almost 100% effortless (honest).
- We finally spruced up our original fireplace and shared tips for how to paint a hearth.
- You need to try these fabric-painted cushions, they’re super simple.
Life in London
- Have a spare Sunday in London? This is how you should spend it.
- If you’re looking for colourful street art in Shoreditch, you’re welcome.
- I wanted ALL THE THINGS at the Renegade Craft Fair.
- This South Bank walk is the best way to tick off loads of London sights in just an hour.
- I realised if I hadn’t ‘failed’ I wouldn’t have moved to London, so I shared some thoughts on why success isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.
Ok 2017, show us what you got 💪