This post has sat in my drafts for a while; I’ve been in a funk so it’s taken time to pull a list together—and today was particularly awful.
We headed out to hunt down bargains at the Heal’s warehouse sale, but we found a kitten that’d been hit by a car and left for dead. We called the RSPCA but the poor little mite gave up literally as they arrived. Watching it fight so hard (for nearly an hour, and god knows how long it’d been there before we came across it) only to lose the fight is one of the worst things I’ve ever seen. That someone could leave it in that state is beyond my comprehension.
Anyway. This post has to get published sometime and life hasn’t all been evil human beings recently, so here’s some positivity—starting with nicer animal-related news.
- I’VE GOT A NEPH-PUP! My sister and her boyfriend got a baby French Bulldog and he’s immediately become my number one love.
- I was considering getting a Longchamp Le Pliage bag—then I found one in a charity shop up north for £2! It’s totally genuine and brand new. Fashion fate.
- Something I don’t need any more of is red lipsticks, but somehow MAC’s Cockney sneaked into my life (thanks sis). Another new beauty favourite is Essie Gel Couture in Pre-Show Jitters: it’s super long-lasting.
- Autumn is my favourite and it’s here! I’m definitely a bit overexcited about my new travel mug*, it’s going to take autumnal walks to the next level.
- On the subject of which, how many coats does a girl need? How about all of these?
- I can’t stop eye-balling this midcentury-style oak sideboard. Should I splurge?!
- Speaking of homewares, did you know Topshop do candles?! I was sent a birthday package which included a divine orange and patchouli-scented one*.
I hope you’re having a great start to autumn. There’re only a couple of months of 2016 left, what the actual?! Don’t forget the clocks go back tomorrow :)