I think you’ll love this quick and easy DIY which is a really cheap way to display a souvenir collection so you can see and enjoy it every day.
I’m not one for buying souvenirs when I go on holiday (except Eiffel Tower-related tat, then I’m in) but like to collect things on my travels—we usually pick up pebbles.
- Your souvenir collection (in our case, pebbles)
- A box frame (we used IKEA’s good ol’ RIBBA in 23cm x 23cm)
- Backing paper/card, cut to the size of your frame
- Strong glue
- Clips or pegs, if you’re using a frame mount
What to do:
- If you’re using a frame mount, clip/peg it to your backing card to keep it in place. (I secured my mount upside-down in case I got any marks or glue on it.)
- Decide how you’d like to space your collection. I placed my pebbles randomly on the backing paper and jiggled them around until I was happy with the layout and spacing. If you’d like to be more precise and your collection is more uniform, use a tape measure and pencil to evenly space out your items.
- Pop your frame over the top to ensure you’re happy, and take a quick photo of your layout to refer back to in case you accidentally knock any of your pieces in the next and final step.
- Superglue each piece to the card one-by-one. Give it plenty of time to dry (as per your glue’s instructions, I left mine a full day to be sure).
- Pop your creation in the frame and once you’ve hung/leaned it in its new home, you’re done!
This is such a simple way to organise any little collection; it took me under an hour. We’ve got some LEGO figures knocking around that I’m tempted to get glue-y with next!
I hope you’ve had a great long weekend :)