Have you made your travel wishlist for 2016 yet? The world is too big. So much to see, so little time.
This year I’m happy to say it’s guaranteed that I’ll be writing out a few packing lists (yep, I’m that girl) as we’ve already booked trips to Paris, Carcassonne, Lisbon, Cirencester, Manchester and Lancashire – with another big idea in the pipeline!
We were lucky that last year also involved some great experiences: I achieved my goal of seeing more of the UK (visiting Cambridge, Hastings, Rye and a new part of West Yorkshire) and we went back to Italy and France. I honestly think they’re my favourite countries… though I’ve thought that about everywhere I’ve been at some point.
If you’re thinking of booking a trip soon (let’s be honest, we all need something to look forward to, January is bleak) here are some good deals on offer at the moment:
- the always-tempting Virgin Atlantic sale has transatlantic flights for a steal – hello New York?!
- LFW’s official hotel, The May Fair, is offering complimentary upgrades
- there’s up to 50% off (plus another 10% off!) in the Hotels.com January sale
- the Malmaison is offering several deals, including winter breaks from £99 per night for a room, dinner and breakfast
- lastminute.com has a city break sale and up to 50% off hotels
- …and if you’re new to Airbnb get £14 free credit towards a stay!
For some getaway inspiration check out my travel category, which includes trips to the Cinque Terre, Paris, Montenegro and Norway! Yay 2016!