Last November I shared my autumn/winter skincare routine and it’s become one of my most popular posts. It’s time for an update though! I use some of the same products but also discovered some new favourites and my skin has improved – these lotions and potions must take credit where it’s due!
- Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser: having tried a couple of other products this year I just kept going back to this, which I love because it cleans my skin without stripping it of moisture at all.
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Toner: a happy new discovery after a few years of sticking to Simple’s decent-enough toner, which did the job but had become too drying now I’m 30 :(
- Kiehl’s x Tinie Tempah Ultra Facial Cream*: While I’m a big Kiehl’s fan I hadn’t tried the Ultra Facial Cream until recently and I totally get the hype now (£2 from the sale of this limited edition pot goes to MTV’s Staying Alive Foundation!).
- E45 Cream: despite the above, E45 remains my favourite moisturiser and honestly it probably always will – I mean, it’s less than £5 a tub and it’s bloody brilliant.
- Burt’s Bees Intense Hydration Eye Cream*: although I find the scent of this a bit much it does what it says on the tube and intensely hydrates my eye area! Still got those pesky shadows though…
- Nivea SOS Lip Relief: I’m just coming to the end of this intensive balm, which I use every night before bed, but it seems to have been discontinued. Do you have any recommendations?
- The Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion: after using the St Ive’s scrub for a decade I wasn’t sure if there was something better and The Body Shop didn’t let me down. Smells. So. Good.
- Hylamide Sub-Q Anti-Age Serum*: read my full review (spoiler alert: I just bought another bottle after seeing it on offer!)
- Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Oil: read my full review
- Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream: best known for targeting nappy rash, this isn’t a glamorous recommendation but I rave about it to everyone – I’m yet to find a more effective spot-buster.